WHAT TO EXPECT?
A fun water slide you can slide from in a relax and remote atmosphere.
We like to hang out there for an afternoon, have a barbecue and play in the water!
There are actually two fun water slide quite close to each other.
The narrow one:
And the wide one, depending on when you go, if it has not rained a lot in the past few days it might be difficult to slide from it.
How Far From Taipei?
30 min bus + 45h walk on a trail or 1h river trace.
How to get there?
From anywhere in Taipei
- Go to Xindian MRT station (Green line).
- Get out at the only exit and go to the right to reach to bus stop that is on the big street.
- Take the bus 849 to Wulai.
- Stop at Chenggong
- Take the first street on your right
- Pass the first bridge and stop before the second one.
From there you have two choices:
Walk on a trail:
- On your left before the bridge you will see some stairs. This is the trailhead to get to get to waterslide.
- Walk for about 45 min to one hour. At this point you should reach a part of the trail where it gets wider, there is a bench made of plastic tubes on the right and the trails continues making a turn to the left, with a small temple right after the turn.
When you are next to the bench, look on your right for a way down inside the forest (it is directly after the bench like pointed by the beautiful guy on the picture).
Note that this part gets quite steep.
You will reach the wide waterslide, you have the go down the river a bit to find the narrow one. It hides behind some huge rocks that sometimes seem impossible to cross, but just keep going!
- On the right of the stairs for the trail, there is a small passage you can take to reach the river, this is where you go if you want to river trace to the waterslide.
- It takes about 1h to 1h15 to the waterslide. You normally don’t have to swim and and should not have water higher than to your thighs. But this of course depends on the rain fall of the past day. A dry bag is still recommended though or at least put your phone and important items into a ziplog bag to protect them in case of a fall :).
- Just follow the river until you actually see this 🙂
- And if you want to go to the wide waterslide follow the river up keeping your left. There should be a rope somewhere to climb over the huge rock.
Here are some picture of our last river trace to the waterslide:
We hope that this article inspires you to live your experience it Taiwan full out! Our team has been helping foreigners like you to find apartments and studios in Taipei for the last 3 years. Help us to keep the adventure alive by sharing the myroomabroad.com website with your friends!